If you have a weak resume, then don't worry! Writing an amazing cover letter can help you to get your foot in the door of the corporate world. Our cover letter writing guides will help to create the best letter possible.
We have created very simple and easy-to-understand guidelines for you. If you follow it properly, it will help you to land in interviews fasterFormat and Writing Guide
Cover letters are one-page documents that you attach along with your resume when applying for a job. It covers-
• Your introduction to the hiring manager
• Why you are suitable for this job
• The description that is not included in resume
• Explanation of other aspects of your resume
Including these four points, your cover letter can be a convincing and powerful companion to a well-written resume.Content Format Guide
Resume Builder has created 4 step guide for cover letter content formatting. Here is complete content format guide for you.
• Contact Information: You must include your full name along with other personal details such as your permanent address, phone number (home/ office), email id, etc. However there are different ways to represent this section, so choose it wisely as per your requirement.
• Introduction: The first and important step to follow while writing an introduction is to find out to whom you are writing. To do this, put yourself in the shoes of a hiring manager.
Writing “Dear Sir/Ma'am” or “To Whomsoever it May Concern” sounds like outdated. You can search for company's website or LinkedIn page to find out hiring manager's name and include it a cover letter.
Then introduce yourself in the first paragraph by telling the recruiter the position/profile you are applying for and how you learned about this opportunity. While remaining paragraph should briefly discuss your basic information. For example, education history, previous work experience, expertise, career goals, etc.
• Your Knowledge About Job Profile: Moving towards the second paragraph, you must directly respond to the job description. Illustrate how your skills, previous job experience will help the company to meet the business requirements. You can also add words or phrases from the job description in the cover letter to make it easier.
In next paragraph, explain how you are best suited for company's schema and help it forward to achieve a vision of the company.• Conclusion Paragraph: This paragraph is called the “call to action.” In this paragraph, tell a recruiter that you would like to appear for the interview. Also, mention that you will be in contact with them if you don't get any revert. At last, you add thank you note. Create Cover Letter For Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are generally developed to read through resumes. ATS sorts out cover letters and resume through keywords and key-phrases to statistically determine whether to let you through to the next stage. 70% of jobs are filled via an applicant tracking system. Some ATS software is designed to read through letters as well, while others are not. You might as well be completely prepared.
You need to write a strong cover letter in order to give yourself a higher chance of getting a job. uld not use this format if you have multiple gaps in work history or you frequently change jobs.